Vice President of Accounting
Vice President of Accounting
Are you a high energy senior level accounting professional who thrives in a rapidly, high growth environment? Are you able to push for innovation and lead meaningful change without relying on a playbook?
Our mission is to provide the best care for our customer’s pets. We are looking for a successful accounting professional, someone who has been a part of a company’s growth in a multi site environment. Someone who has put systems and processes in place and will maintain exceptional relationships and extend into new locations as they are acquired or developed. The company is rapidly growing and acquiring other businesses in various geographic areas.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will demonstrate versatility and flexibility in leading and overseeing all of the financial activities of the business objectives around mergers and acquisitions, who will direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries and lead a team of talented staff with respect to all accounting and financial matters of the company. Someone who has a history of driving innovation that leads to tangible results. This individual will see around corners and anticipate the needs of people and the business and will have strategies in place to meet those needs. This leader will not rely on a playbook but will push for innovation and lead meaningful change to help the company succeed.
· Oversees Accounting department and assists the Chief Financial Officer with annual budget preparation and audit functions.
· Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
· Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses and prepares same for the Chief Financial Officer’s review and approval and distribution to the executive management team.
· Reviews the planning process and suggests improvements to current accounting methods, cash controls and other procedures.
- Analyzes operations and accounting results to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the senior management team to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Assist finance and legal team in debt and equity fundraising activities including providing analysis and proforma related data to assist in such efforts.
- Analyzing spending behavior and works with operational team to make adjustments to ensure best industry practices are being followed.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion, enhancement or other growth opportunities within the Company. Is a leader of innovation in process and efficiency.
- Cash flow modeling and planning and providing management updates on regular intervals on the cash status of the company.
- Lead accounting staff consisting of senior accountants and clerks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred.
- Start-up and/or M&A experience strongly preferred.· Experience in veterinary care and/or pet care preferred.
Eight or more years of progressive accounting and finance experience in management required.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic partner with an executive team.· Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written· Proficient computer applications skills to include MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Must be capable of managing multiple priorities at any given time. React quickly and adapt to changes in priority, circumstance, and direction
If you think are you the right candidate for this opportunity, then get in touch with us today. Click on the “Apply” button belowApply Now