Training Director / Learning & Development
Training Director/Learning and Development–
The Training Director will handle the organization-wide training strategy and plan and is the leader in developing talent and knowledge for the organization. The incumbent will work with corporate, regional directors and managers and other leaders in the field to implement training and to oversee the capability and performance of locations throughout the US. The incumbent will identify current and future training needs and will translate business priorities into a strategic framework for development, facilitating execution of learnings. The incumbent will personally participate in training and be an expert in learning and development and be a trusted advisor to colleagues throughout the business.
The Training Director will assess current and future training needs with line managers and leadership and annual performance reviews. The Training Director will develop the overall training plan that addresses the needs for each employee. The incumbent will deploy a wide variety of training methods that encompass Explain, Demonstrate, Practice and Evaluate. The incumbent will redesign on-boarding process, conduct orientation and induction of new employees. The incumbent will monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness, identify gaps within the organization and work with leadership to resolve performance gaps. Other responsibilities including manage the training budget, provide opportunities for on-going training, ensure field operations leadership can reinforce key training with their teams, maintain understanding of training best practices, update and develop new approaches. The incumbent will customize training to meet the specific needs of each of the business locations.
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience building and leading a learning and development team in a private sector with experience designing and delivering company-wide programs and function-specific programs.
- Proven experience designing, implementing and providing training across a large organization. Familiarity with modern training methods as well as traditional training methods. This includes in-person training, group and one-on-one training, mentoring, coaching, on-the-job training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.
- Experience with various LMS systems from design to facilitation. Meeting challenges with a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for rolling up your sleeves and jumping into action.
- Other qualifications include the ability to identify appropriate partners within the organization an work alongside them to create learning solutions.
- The incumbent needs to have excellent communication and leadership skills, strong facilitation and presentation skills, strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals, experience in health services and related training is a plus, ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively, 10 years of experience working in learning and development and training.
We require a BS/BA with a concentration in Learning and Development, Organizational Development, Business, Human Resources or similar field. An MA or MS degree is preferred in a related field.
Someone who is capable of handling processing work and project management and implement new initiatives
To be immediately considered for this veterinarian job opportunity, please apply here:Apply Now