Publications Director (Scientist or Veterinarian)
We are seeking a Publications Director to build trust in a leading name in pet nutrition through the promotion of image, scientific reputation. For nearly 100 years, our client has been at the forefront of pet nutrition research. This position will lead a team of content creators and editors to develop relevant content for use by internal and external audiences to increase the effectiveness of the company’s global communication network.
This position requires a strong technical background with nutrition knowledge to edit and approve final work. You will represent the client as a technical expert – both internally and externally. Publications Director will collaborate with R&D scientists to define the Publication Strategy.
- Build a multi-year editorial calendar based on the 5-year plan and communications platforms based on input from the key markets/regions, Regional Business Strategy, PTC I/R pipeline, and IRT
- Provide input into the creational of multigenerational communication platforms
- Collaborate with the PTC team on research topics to create communication toolboxes for use by brand teams and markets
- Implement the communications operating plan, ensure all content developed is highly relevant for the specific target audiences
- Provide direction and guidelines for use regarding the localization of content
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of content creators and skilled scientific writers (3 of whom are veterinarians)
- Scientist (advanced level degree) or veterinarian with experience in industry or communications/consulting agency (strong nutrition background preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in communications (digital, marketing, copywriting, or journalism)
- Proven success in managing and developing communication teams, managing multi-projects, and collaborating and working successfully with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in communicating scientific information to both scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Experience of publishing in peer-reviewed journals and/or at scientific meetings
This opportunity is in St. Louis – a big city with small-town charm. Whether you are looking to be in the heart of downtown or settle in the suburbs, you will easily be able to find the perfect neighborhood for you and your family. St. Louis has many attractions including the St. Louis Zoo, Art Museum, Science Center, and City Museum to name a few. In addition, the city is home to the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball and Blues Hockey teams.
If you want to learn more, then get in touch with us today. Click on the “Apply” button belowApply Now