Mobile Veterinarian – Brooklyn & Queens, NY – #7400
Mobile Veterinarian (specializing in end-of-life care) – Brooklyn & Queens, NY – #7400
Are you ready for more freedom in your career? Not being tied down to a 9 to 5 in a clinic, but still being able to live out your dream of caring for animals? Then this is the career move you need to make! We are seeking a compassionate veterinarian who is ready to join our team as a mobile veterinarian in two exciting boroughs in NY!
Our mobile veterinarians derive deep fulfillment and satisfaction from making a difference in the lives of countless pets and the people who love them by helping pets pass with dignity in the comfort of their own homes.
Discover a Unique and Rewarding Career as a Mobile Veterinarian:
- Make a greater impact with an average of 3-4 appointments per day
- Receive gratitude and appreciation at every appointment
- Embrace the freedom of a mobile practice, without being tied to a clinic
- Benefit from comprehensive training and ongoing mentorship
- Achieve an actual work-life balance
- Enjoy schedule flexibility, with 2-5 day-per-week work options with most appointments occurring between 9 am – 5 pm
- Collaborate with an active community of 300+ doctors who support one another and have fun, too!
Veterinarian Core Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home euthanasia and hospice care for geriatric and terminally ill pets
- Guide families in making end-of-life decisions for their pets
- Build relationships with local veterinary clinics, serving as an extension of their excellent care
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. assisted
- Capable of walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, stooping, standing, and reaching consistently during the workday
- Comfortable with prolonged periods of driving
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, fine motor skills, and the ability to maintain steady hands while using medical tools
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD/BVMS)
- 1+ year(s) experience as a practicing veterinarian
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a well-maintained SUV/hatchback/minivan
- Range of health insurance plans, including vision and dental, with options for both individual and family coverage
- Retirement Plan (Traditional 401k with 3% match and Roth 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D)
- Paid Time Off/Bereavement Leave/Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Training and Development
- Wellness Resources (Mental, Physical, and Financial)
- Pet Insurance
Life in Brooklyn and Queens
Brooklyn and Queens are two diverse and eclectic boroughs of New York City, each offering a unique blend of culture, entertainment, and attractions. Both Brooklyn and Queens are known for their rich cultural diversity. These boroughs are home to diverse communities, each contributing to a mosaic of ethnicities, languages, and traditions. This diversity is reflected in the array of authentic international cuisines, cultural festivals, and neighborhood events! Walking through neighborhoods like Flushing in Queens or Williamsburg in Brooklyn provides a glimpse into the multicultural fabric of these boroughs. And these days, Brooklyn has emerged as a hub for artists, musicians, and creative professionals. Neighborhoods like DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) and Williamsburg are known for their vibrant art scenes, with numerous galleries, street art, and performance spaces. Additionally, Brooklyn and Queens boast iconic landmarks and expansive parks. Brooklyn’s Prospect Park offers a peaceful retreat with scenic landscapes, a zoo, and recreational facilities. The Brooklyn Bridge is not only an engineering marvel but also provides stunning views of the Manhattan skyline. In Queens, Flushing Meadows-Corona Park is home to the iconic Unisphere and was the site of the 1964 World’s Fair. These landmarks and parks provide residents and visitors with spaces for recreation, relaxation, and community events. If you’re looking for a vibe that translates into a whole lifestyle, both Brooklyn and Queens have so much to offer!
If you think you are the right person for the job, we want to hear from you! Apply today for immediate consideration.Apply Now