Lead Veterinarian – Metro Atlanta, GA #3987
Lead Veterinarian/Medical Director – Metro Atlanta, GA #3987
We are seeking a Lead Veterinarian to join a dedicated team. This is a wellness clinic for an animal shelter located an hour northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. The Lead Veterinarian oversees and provides full-service quality medical and surgical care for all shelter and public animals. In addition, the Lead Veterinarian serves as the team leader for clinical-based medical decisions while working in conjunction with the COO and CEO. This is a leadership role which serves as an on-site mentor for other veterinarians and upholds the practice’s clinical and operational standards of care on a day-to-day basis.
This practice believes that all pets should have accessible preventative care at an affordable price. They are a leader in lifesaving with a good reputation for adoptions, medical care, customer service, and more. Shelter medicine is rewarding and challenging. Join a talented team of passionate individuals who want to improve the lives of the animals in the community. The team strives to be a fun place to work where the work matters and YOU matter.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent from an accredited university and license in good standing with state veterinary board. License, or ability to apply for license, with Drug Enforcement Agency
- 3-5 years of previous experience in shelter medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent communication skills which can support clear and regular communication with CEO and COO as well as internal staff on all levels
- Maintains current, relevant knowledge of shelter animal health protocols and companion animal health issues
- Interest in continuing veterinary education and exploration of new technologies and treatment
- Desire to provide compassionate and patient-centered care and customer services
- Participates in training/continuing education opportunities within the veterinary field
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated good working habits in an environment that requires multitasking and multiple demands on time
Compensation/Benefits: Generous compensation and medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance, CE allowance, licensing and insurance allowance, PTO, sick days, and sign-on bonus.
If you think are you the right candidate for this opportunity, then get in touch with us today. Click on the “Apply” button below. Keep checking back for new Animal Health Jobs and Veterinarian Jobs.Apply Now