Director of Veterinary Medicine – California
Director of Veterinary Medicine California, Veterinarian Position Open in Palm Springs, California:
Our client is looking to grow their “family” and we are looking for a Director of Veterinary Medicine in Palm Springs, CA. The culture is one of hard work and dedication to the mission of ending the killing of adoptable pets in the community, commitment to organizational excellence, and recognition of a job well done.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Performs in-house animal health inspections with shelter staff.
- Provides preventative treatments for infections, disease prevention and control, general health, parasite diagnosis and treatment and dietary evaluations.
- Examines animals, evaluates animals’ health and performs veterinary medical and surgical procedures including vaccinations, prescribing and administering of medications, anti-parasite treatments, tests and lab work for infections and related health issues.
- Performs spay and neuter surgeries in a high-volume clinic and other types of surgery, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains medical records and drug use logs to standards of veterinary and sheltering practices.
- Ensures that all state and federal laws, state regulations, accepted standards, the practice of veterinary medicine, drug control, and animal care and handling are adhered to.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of shelter animal health protocols, surgical procedures (including dog, cat and small mammal ovariohysterectomy and castration and dental preventative care) and other companion animal health issues.
- Performs and oversees euthanasia according to established protocols.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Up to $3k per year in continuing education
- Salary commensurate with experience
About the Practice
The first 30 days will be focused on getting to know the team, the facility, the community and our policies and procedures. The next 60-90 days will be spent recommending improvements to workflow, policies, and procedures that will help the medical team run more smoothly.
To be immediately considered for this veterinarian job opportunity, please apply here:Apply Now