Director of Business Development – Southeast
Director of Business Development – Southeast – Florida/Georgia/Alabama
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to join a team of professionals dedicated to the veterinary community. Our client partners with veterinary practices to ease hospitals’ burdens and encourage learning and growth. This position is the lead deal maker for their designated area and leads the process to identify, source, target, diligence, and close add-on acquisitions to existing hospital platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the business development process from sourcing candidates to Letter of Intent to Closing
- Develop relationships with potential new veterinary partners
- Lead the evaluation of new acquisition opportunities and the proposal for all new acquisitions
- Review and submit letters of intent and collateral material
- Review diligence findings and drive new acquisitions to closing
- Manage the trade show process in areas and attend as needed
- Engage with executive team on company and acquisition strategy
- Enhance brand in the veterinary sector though honest, creative negotiations
- Report to board on the market and strategy and tactics for success in the market
Preferred Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in M&A, business development, or related jobs in veterinary healthcare
- Knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
- Experience reviewing and negotiating M&A documentation and contracts
- Knowledge of M&A structures, and due diligence processes
- Investment banking or other finance experience a plus
- Undergrad degree required. Graduate degree is a plus
Ideal candidate is a self-starter who needs little direction. Individual has experience leading a team and well-developed problem-solving skills with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions. Candidate is results-oriented and achievement motivated and able to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
50%-75% travel is expected for this position.
To apply please submit your resume here:Apply Now