Associate Veterinarian – Syracuse, NY
Associate Veterinarian Syracuse, NY. We have a position open for an Associate Veterinarian in Syracuse, NY area. The Associate Veterinarian will meet with clients and patients daily for 15-30 minutes appointments. The veterinarian will rotate between exam rooms. The veterinarian will perform preventative/wellness exams and see sick or emergency patients. They will review lab results, listen to clients, veterinary technicians, and other professionals to determine recommendations for clients. They will prescribe medications and double check the measurements and technician’s work. They will ensure proper state and federal reporting is conducted by the support team. They will enter accurate medical notes into the patient’s records. They will answer the support team’s questions and help them to learn. They will hold the team accountable to performing ethical work and maintaining legal compliance. They will collaborate with other veterinarians on difficult cases and continue to learn. They will also perform surgeries a few mornings each week and dentals.
This is a collaborative company that values feedback and takes all team opinions and ideas into consideration. Team members who take initiative and are highly motivated are very successful here. The company hosts monthly company wide calls to increase transparency and communication. The practice has a focus on total wellness for clients, patients, and team members. Work-life balance and a happy work environment are encouraged. Our teams work well together, support each other, and work with integrity. The individual hospitals get involved in their local communities through the localized efforts of their team members. They volunteer and collaborate with shelters, rescues, and other animal welfare organizations. Team members are focused on providing the best care for their patients.
• DVM or equivalent, in good standing.
• NY State Veterinary License (ability to practice veterinary medicine in NY).
• NY DEA license.
• All experience levels accepted.
• 3+ professional references – positive feedback on medical expertise and skills and client, patient, and team relationship.
• Base compensation negotiable based on experience and ability).
• 20% production bonus (whichever is greater, base wage or production) – paid out quarterly.
• Options for offering a sign-on bonus and relocation costs.
• Medical Insurance through United Healthcare
• 100% voluntary dental and vision insurance through Lincoln
• Retirement: eligible after 6 months
• 401(k) with company match up to 4%
• 3 Wellness Days annually
• 3 paid holidays annually: July 4, Thanksgiving, December 25
• 5 paid CE days annually
• 3 free foundation plans for personal pets (wellness plans)
• 20% off all services and products
• $60 uniform allowance annually
• $1200 stipend for CE, membership dues, etc.
• Professional license costs 100% reimbursed.
To learn more and/or apply for this exciting opportunity, please apply here:Apply Now