What have you done to protect your company?
Have you hired the best lawyers you could find to handle your legal affairs? Have you hired the best accountants you could find to handle your financial affairs? You certainly have.
So you’ve protected yourself both legally and financially . . . but what have you done to protect your company’s single most-important asset—its talent?
Reduced costs + faster results
A company’s ability to recruit, hire, and retain top talent is crucial to its long-term success, and that’s why the advice and expertise of a search consultant is just as important as that of an attorney or an accountant. Accomplishing this task can be complex and time consuming, and one bad hire can be costly in terms of energy, resources, and manpower.
Retaining the services of an outside search consultant can help protect your company’s talent and ensure that it remains highly competitive in today’s marketplace, and it can do so in the following ways:
1. A search consultant has extensive knowledge of the job market. They deal with many hiring authorities on a regular basis, and as a result, possess valuable information not only about emerging trends, but also about other companies within the industry.
2. A search consultant has access to a vast network of highly qualified candidates. These aren’t unemployed candidates on job boards, either. These are qualified yet passive candidates who aren’t necessarily looking for a new job, but would be open to considering an attractive opportunity if it was right for them AND if they knew about it.
3. A search consultant reduces the time it takes to fill a position. They can hit the ground running on a search because they’re in the trenches day in and day out. Each day that an important position remains unfilled results in lost revenue for a company.
4. A search consultant reduces the cost of training and onboarding. They find and recruit the best candidate possible, so the learning curve is greatly reduced, resulting in more productivity in a shorter amount of time.
5. A search consultant improves the retention rates of new hires. By constantly following up, they make certain that the hire is embracing their new company and situation, is satisfied with the choice they made, and is likely to remain there for a long time.
Talent = success (every time)
A company’s potential for success is only as great as the talent of its employees. Finding, hiring, and retaining talent (in other words, “protecting” its talent base) is absolutely critical for every company. With so much at stake, securing the services of an outside search consultant can protect your company in ways that a lawyer or an accountant can’t.
So—what have you done to protect your company . . . and its talent? If you would like more information about this topic or have questions contact us at www.thevetrecruiter.com or call 918-298-7025.