Mobile Veterinarian – Santa Clara – San Mateo, CA – #7394
Mobile Veterinarian (specializing in end-of-life care) – Santa Clara – San Mateo, CA – #7394
Are you ready for a change of pace from in-clinic practice? Looking to reconnect with pet families and provide the kind of service you’d always envisioned by having generous appointment times and minimal administrative work? Do you consider yourself a compassionate and empathetic person? We’d love to have you join us!
Our mission is to provide support to pets and their families during one of life’s most challenging moments by helping pets pass peacefully in the comfort of their own homes.
Established and owned by veterinarians, we recognize that pets are more than just animals — they’re beloved family members. That’s why we prioritize deep and meaningful connections with pet families, colleagues, and the community. Join our team and you’ll be part of a nurturing and supportive environment where you can thrive professionally and personally.
Discover a Unique and Rewarding Career as a Veterinarian:
- Make a greater impact with an average of 3-4 appointments per day
- Receive gratitude and appreciation at every appointment
- Embrace the freedom of a mobile practice, without being tied to a clinic
- Benefit from comprehensive training and ongoing mentorship
- Achieve an actual work-life balance
- Enjoy schedule flexibility, with 2-5 day-per-week work options with most appointments occurring between 9 am – 5 pm
- Collaborate with an active community of 300+ doctors who support one another and have fun, too!
Veterinarian Core Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home euthanasia and hospice care for geriatric and terminally ill pets
- Guide families in making end-of-life decisions for their pets
- Build relationships with local veterinary clinics, serving as an extension of their excellent care
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. assisted
- Capable of walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, stooping, standing, and reaching consistently during the workday
- Comfortable with prolonged periods of driving
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, fine motor skills, and the ability to maintain steady hands while using medical tools
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD/BVMS)
- 1+ year(s) experience as a practicing veterinarian
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a well-maintained SUV/hatchback/minivan
- Range of health insurance plans, including vision and dental, with options for both individual and family coverage
- Retirement Plan (Traditional 401k with 3% match and Roth 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D)
- Paid Time Off/Bereavement Leave/Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Training and Development
- Wellness Resources (Mental, Physical, and Financial)
- Pet Insurance
Life in San Mateo
Located 20 miles south of San Jose and 15 miles north of San Francisco sits San Mateo – a gorgeously unique city on the SanFran peninsula. The downtown area of San Mateo carries a consistent vibrant energy with a unique feel throughout the shops and restaurants. This city is full of life and diversity on a beautiful spectrum. San Mateo is currently seeing growth and development in the residential area with housing complexes and apartment buildings being constructed to meet the demand of the influx of people. In contrast to the exciting city life, outdoor adventure is not far. Boating, sailing, windsurfing, fishing, hiking along the waterfront — all that and more is available within mere minutes of the area.
Life in San Jose
San Jose is California’s fourth-largest city and tenth-largest city in the United States. Deemed a “global city,” San Jose is the hub of Silicon Valley! The high-technology and electronics industries have brought significant tourism and attraction to San Jose. Whether it’s visiting the infamous Winchester Mystery House, walking through one of the many museums, going on a city scavenger hunt, riding a Brew Bike, exploring the world-class Children’s Discovery Museum, shopping the day away on Santana Row, hitting up the zoo, or even just strolling throughout the Rose Garden, there is always something to do in San Jose. This area of California inhabits a unique blend of natural beauty, culture, and innovation, and the city’s great location gives residents proximity to all of Northern California’s areas of interest! More than 300 days of sunshine and the kingdom-like panorama of the Santa Clara Mountains make San Jose a beautiful urban retreat.
If you think you are the right person for the job, we want to hear from you! Apply today for immediate consideration.Apply Now