Mobile Veterinarian – Jacksonville, FL – #7397
Mobile Veterinarian (specializing in end-of-life care) – Jacksonville, FL – #7397
Are you ready for a change of pace from in-clinic practice? Looking to reconnect with pet families and provide the kind of service you’d always envisioned by having generous appointment times and minimal administrative work? Do you consider yourself a compassionate and empathetic person? We’d love to have you join us!
Our mission is to provide support to pets and their families during one of life’s most challenging moments by helping pets pass peacefully in the comfort of their own homes.
Established and owned by veterinarians, we recognize that pets are more than just animals — they’re beloved family members. That’s why we prioritize deep and meaningful connections with pet families, colleagues, and the community. Join our team and you’ll be part of a nurturing and supportive environment where you can thrive professionally and personally.
Discover a Unique and Rewarding Career as a Mobile Veterinarian:
- Make a greater impact with an average of 3-4 appointments per day
- Receive gratitude and appreciation at every appointment
- Embrace the freedom of a mobile practice, without being tied to a clinic
- Benefit from comprehensive training and ongoing mentorship
- Achieve an actual work-life balance
- Enjoy schedule flexibility, with 2-5 day-per-week work options with most appointments occurring between 9 am – 5 pm
- Collaborate with an active community of 300+ doctors who support one another and have fun, too!
Veterinarian Core Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home euthanasia and hospice care for geriatric and terminally ill pets
- Guide families in making end-of-life decisions for their pets
- Build relationships with local veterinary clinics, serving as an extension of their excellent care
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. assisted
- Capable of walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, stooping, standing, and reaching consistently during the workday
- Comfortable with prolonged periods of driving
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, fine motor skills, and the ability to maintain steady hands while using medical tools
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD/BVMS)
- 1+ year(s) experience as a practicing veterinarian
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a well-maintained SUV/hatchback/minivan
- Range of health insurance plans, including vision and dental, with options for both individual and family coverage
- Retirement Plan (Traditional 401k with 3% match and Roth 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D)
- Paid Time Off/Bereavement Leave/Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Training and Development
- Wellness Resources (Mental, Physical, and Financial)
- Pet Insurance
Life in Jacksonville
With charming neighborhoods, historic downtowns, and dazzling beaches, this metropolis is filled with treasures to enjoy. Surround yourself with waterfronts, beaches, historic homes, and even some farmlands as well. There are plenty of parks to visit for taking a walk or riding your bike. Jacksonville has quick access to multiple beaches, including Jacksonville Beach, Fernandina Beach, St. Augustine Beach, as well as the St. John’s River. Jacksonville is an ideal Florida destination if you want to immerse yourself in nature and enjoy active adventures! You might even decide to call it home with all it has to offer. Sink your toes into 1,100 miles of Jacksonville’s stunning sandy beaches (the most of any U.S. city!), paddle through nature-filled waterways, venture into the country’s largest urban park system (there are 80,000 acres for you to adventure through!), enjoy authentic cuisine, and explore extraordinary cultural and historical spots. For the sports enthusiast, Jacksonville is home to the NFL team Jacksonville Jaguars and hosts the Georgia vs Florida college football game each year! Experience the lure of the ‘River City by the Sea’ and engross your mind, body, and inner adventure in all that this natural paradise has to offer.
If you think you are the right candidate for this opportunity, then get in touch with us today. Click on the “Apply” button below.Apply Now