Director of Acquisitions – Arizona, Colorado
Director of Acquisitions Arizona / Colorado
The Director of Acquisitions will be integral to the organization’s continued success . The incumbent will provide overall coordination, functional management and leadership of all partnership, sales and development activities within the organization.. This role provides an opportunity to initiate, develop and drive deals within the Veterinary Development & Management Industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Strategically develop and expand Vet and hospital relationships toward partnership and Practice acquisitions.
- Create relationships with hospital and DVM advisors (i.e., legal, financial/CPA, insurance, etc.)
- Evaluate potential acquisition opportunities for strategic fit, financial return and operational viability
- Participate in marketing events and industry conferences to meet, formulate and foster relationships with potential partners.
- Implement sales strategies for targeted DVM partners and hospitals; including lead tracking, relationship development, proposal and presentation development and deal closing.
- Discuss, deliver and confirm the signing of Confidentiality Agreements, Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements.
- Must close at least five deals per year.
NECESSARY SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Experience in evaluating prospective partnership opportunities to discern level of potential and be able to gather and analyze partner’s information, including local market data and competition.
- High-energy and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to travel (overnight) at least 25-50% of the time and work remotely from home.
- Experience providing excellent service towards building and maintaining trust and respect with prospective partners.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND and/or EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have the following experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Advanced degrees, MBA is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant veterinary and hospital contacts in the industry.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a vet-care service sales or business development role with proven success in a Veterinary development company or an animal healthcare services business. Prior experience working with single or multi-specialty Vet hospitals will be considered a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time. The employee needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Hearing and visual acuity are also required.
- The employee will constantly be operating a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine & printer.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 20lbs by themselves.
To apply please submit your resume here:Apply Now